Saturday, March 5, 2016

Cognitive decline

I've decided to make this my post displaying my probable cognitive decline due to what appears a rather strange set of new 'rules.' I don’t expect to be doing any other posting except the occasional update on this one until the situation improves. New ‘stuff’ will be added in time sequence, first to last rather than newest first.

* * * * *

February Fun! - 3/4/2016


Left SHCC w/o any of the meds that I have been taking since October, 2010. ‘Company policy’ they said. Great.


Hired cab for transport to a Lake City hindu roach motel. Interested to find it had turned into a drug den during my 3 year absence. Cabbie warned me that ‘you have no friends there, only acquaintances. Keep your door locked and do not let anyone in.’


Took 2 daze (sp int’l) to re-acquire said meds. Very weak, dizzy, and disoriented when acquired. Could not have been done w/o the help of A. Tripp. Much appreciated, SHCC. You get the Award for Lousiest ‘Company Policy’ of the Year.


Month progressed with much noise & fighting amongst the ‘neighbors.’ Cabbie correct. Shit-hole from Bombay. One night-fight involved 4 gang-bangers going at each other hammer & tongs, observed by small, 65 year old, white cripple behind locked, dead-bolted, and chained door with ‘drape’ drawn by peeking through filthy window. Cabbie right. Wished door had dead-bolt set into other than wood, no striker plate, merely whittled hole in softwood. Chain previously broken, end-plate merely screwed into door moulding. ...wondering if gang-bangers ate white meat.


Zero maintenance & cleaning. After 1st week, the request that the blood-stained sheets be replaced finally granted. Washcloths appear to have been used previously as toilet paper. Motel owners 1st generation dot-heads, quality as one would expect. Motel strictly 3rd world.


At beginning of 3rd week, dreadlocked druggie gang-bangers & their screeching mud shark females evicted by a large force of cops with K-9’s. Briefly, peace was achieved. Apparently made bail, some have returned. No nightly fights so far. Far end room on this side of Bombay West underwent full carpet removal, replaced ‘furniture’, 2 more rooms to be done (told by ‘housekeeper’). Considering the extreme filthiness of present room, gang-banger rooms must have really been a treat. Blood stains in furniture & carpet difficult to clean… (speculation, w/ lousy housekeeping & general shabbiness of Bombay West, likely accurate)


To continue with my search for reliable medical care, read ...another FUBAR Monday as that link pretty-much says most of what has taken place during February.


To have my high blood pressure and anti-seizure meds renewed, I MUST see a doctor regardless of the fact I have been taking them for 5 years. As it stands I do not have one and the one in Live Oak is not available to me now for 2 main reasons not worth the time to write about. At 2 AM this morning, I awoke just thinking of what options I have available regardless of my funds and it boils down to one. I made the last call this morning and to synopsize it, I’ll have to get myself down to the LCMC, get admitted (iffy), probably spend a couple of days there (more iffy), definitely pay my motel rent to hopefully return and find all my worldly possessions intact (very few, a pitiful bit of my 65 years and millions of air-miles), all for just having my old prescriptions refilled.


Enough of this. By this time tomorrow, I’ll be in full withdrawal from the meds and this time, I’ll know what to expect. So for the next length of unknown time, adios.




I’ve had enough of this Obummercare goat-rope.




Dancing thoughts – 3/5/2016


Today is the first full day off of the high blood pressure med, Diltiaz.


Yesterday evening saw the last of the Dilantin which I had been taking at half-doses for 2 days to stretch the supply. The Keppra supply is still good for 3 more days, however I have been taking 2 rather than 3 pills a day to stretch them. The prescriptions were not to come out even to begin with and the druggist miscounted 2 of the 4 (Percocet was the 4th and I’ve only used it when the shingles pain became too much) prescriptions anyway. Yes, I counted the pills when I got ‘home.’


No news from DCF yet, so the very unpleasant option of the ER at Lake City Medical Center is on the table. God, I hate that thought.


Doc J volunteered the information a week or so before leaving SHCC that he wasn’t sure that Medicare/Medicaid would pay him for visits out of SHCC. The general feeling I got from that final visit was that he was bidding me adieu. I’ve (presently) got the cash, the visit would only require an appointment and a $130 cab round trip.


My head is full of fuzzies this morning, the title above reflects my thinking processes. Can’t seem to focus on an item for more than a bit of time, then it skips right along. Kinda jerky, not really unpleasant, it’s just uncoordinated.


I need to make an inventory of my poor, sorry possessions in case I wind up in the hospital again. I have 100% confidence that the miserable management of this roach motel will have at them if I’m gone for any lenght of time. Unfortunately, waiting until getting so scattered is going to make it difficult. I can’t concentrate long enough to get anything coherently done. Wheeling over to one of the boxes, trying to memorize the contents, wheeling back to the computer to one-finger it down, well… Using one of the little lap-tops has proved too clumsy. With only one useful arm, things keep ending on the floor. Maybe in a few daze!


Some things just couldn’t have been foreseen. Who would have thought having one’s prescriptions of 5 years would be so difficult to renew?



...wish I knew how much of this scattered feeling is the lack of the meds, anticipatory expectation, or both. Last time I knew nothing and the scattered feeling became a real feeling of dread after 2 days. I’ve GOT to suppress that. Dorph, the much younger math PHD friend of mine reported the same feeling after chemo for melanoma with his becoming permanent, ending his career. The thoughts of something similar happening to me is an absolute horror. I’ve seen too many of the drugged-out ‘vegetables’ at SHCC so lost in having just moments of reality…


* * * * *



Bitch of the day (hell, century) – one of the gang-bangers just came out of its pit and fired up its car to ‘listen’ to rap. BOOM BOOM, curse-curse-curse, BOOM BOOM… This is directly in front of my door. Closed, re-locked, went into simmer mode…


That stuff is supposed to be music? ‘Fuk dat wite bich fuk her gud.’ I HOPE that’s a recording and not on the airwaves. With racket that antisocial, anybody seen the antichrist around lately? </bitch>

* * * * *

 
Shaky day - 3/6/2016

 Rough morning, weak, ears ringing, hard to breathe. Expected. Head full of mush, however no worse than yesterday. Managed to take care of necessities, including making a bowl of oatmeal and a pot of coffee. Tested to see if I could wheelchair any distance, heart rate went through the roof before getting as far as the office of this place. Too early.

Last night was ‘interesting.’ Loud knocking on the door after midnight. Ignored, no particular worry as there was nothing I could do about it. This morning around 9 AM, I opened the door and watched the cop cars making rounds of the motel. As expected, drug dealers back. Good old Bombay West.

If all holds, tomorrow should see my rent covered for another week just in case. Have to wait until someone that understands English (the housekeeper) can take my card. Too scattered to move until this unpleasantness passes and since the search for decent housing so far has been a bust, guess I’ll just stay here for the moment. ...out of the frying pan, etc.

I’ve been rethinking how to get on the old, very functional med routine I was on prior to the 2012 mangling as it is the only thought that is really worth a damn. I’m making a reservation 1st thing tomorrow with SVT to the supermarket (the work-around), then wheel over to Dynamic (appointment or not, cash only until my ‘insurance kicks in), then call for ride to the bank to have them fix the error they made in my log-on for internet banking services as I’ve no fixed address anymore (they added a ‘space’ in the second verification!), then ‘home.’ Hopefully I’ll be feeling well enough Wednesday (earliest available time) to do it all. Wednesday looks like fair weather and maybe, just maybe all will go well. Why exiting Macclenny was so professional and exiting SHCC was so poorly handled can only be speculated.

No comments:

Post a Comment